How do I create and run a report?
Go to Statistics.
Select the Statistics tool from the Tool Menu of your site.
Enter a title and description. (Optional)
Note: If you plan to save your report, a title is required.
This option allows you to configure the type of activity to report. You can choose to report on Visits, Events, Resources, or Presence Time.
Select Visits to report on site visits.
Select Events to report on activity (either by tool or by event). Click on the desired tools/events in the list of tools displayed. You may also select All to display events for all available tools.
Select Resources to report on file/folder activity. This selection can be filtered by the following:
- Action: New (file uploaded/folder created), Read (file opened for reading), Revise (file details or contents changed), or Delete (file/folder deleted)
- Resources: Restricts report to selected files/folders or to files under selected folders
This option allows to configure the time period to report.
- All: All activity since site creation
- Last 7 days: Activity from the last 7 days
- Last 30 days: Activity from the last 30 days
- Last 365 days: Activity from the last 365 days
- Custom: Activity from a user-specified date interval
This option allows to configure the users to report.
- All: All site users
- Role: Users with the a user-specified role
- Group: Users with the a user-specified group
Custom: Users selected from the presented list
Multiple users can be selected pressing the CTRL (for disjoint selection) or ALT (for range selection) keys while clicking with the mouse.
- None: To report users that don't match all the specified report conditions (e.g., selecting "Visits" + "All" date + "None" will report users that never visited the site)
This option allows you to configure how the report will be presented. Totals by: defines how to group report data (e.g., selecting "User" + "Date" will present a report grouped by user and date). Multiple fields can be selected pressing the CTRL (for disjoint selection) or ALT (for range selection) keys while clicking with the mouse.
Select additional specifications.
- Number of results: Allows you to limit the number of report results
- Presentation: Defines how the report will be presented (table and/or chart)
- Chart type: Defines the type of chart to be presented (bar, pie, or timeseries [line or bar])
- Chart data source/Chart series source: Defines the main source of chart data
- Grouped by: Defines the grouping field for bar chart data
Click Save Report.
Click Save Report to save this report to your list of custom reports.
Tip: If this is a one-time report that you do not want to save, you may select Generate Report instead to run it without saving.